Many people changed their travel behaviour due to the impact of Covid-19, but switching to more sustainable ways of travelling, can have a massive positive impact.
Changing your travel behaviour, by reducing the number of single occupancy car journeys you make:
- could help save money
- reduces congestion
- is kinder for the environment
Shorter journeys can often be made on foot or by bicycle.
There’s lots of FREE information, advice, and services to help you:
Resources available for residents in Nottinghamshire:
Additional Support for Sutton-in-Ashfield and West Bridgford:
Our travel advisors will be visiting up to 2,000 households in Sutton-in-Ashfield to provide travel advice in September / October 2023 and March 2024. We will also be working with community organisations in Sutton-in-Ashfield and West Bridgford.
Adult cycle training and Dr Bike cycle maintenance sessions are available by visiting the Ridewise website.
Alternatives to single occupancy car journeys:
What’s in it for me?
Personal travel planning could help you:
- save money on fuel, parking, or taxi fares,
- lose weight and get in shape by cycling or walking more (and cut down on time and money you spend at the gym),
- do your bit for the environment by reducing your carbon footprint,
- overcome travel barriers that prevent you from getting to where you need to go, whether that’s work, education, for leisure, or visiting family and friends.
If you live outside of the project area, why not take a look at our free digital travel information packs: