Active lifestyles and wellbeing
We’re launching a scheme in Mansfield, Ashfield and Bassetlaw (Worksop) to provide free active travel advice and accessories to those wanting to become more active.
The project will offer:
- A limited number of e-bikes loans
- A limited number bicycles loans
- A limited number of FitBit activity trackers (and / or pedometers).
- Free Adult Cycle Training sessions (see times and dates below)
- Dr Bike cycle maintenance sessions (see times and dates below)
- Information packs containing information on the health benefits of walking and cycling, top tips on buying and maintaining a bicycle, and a guide of local ‘routes and rides’ to help people to get out and about in Nottinghamshire.
If you would like to benefit from this, please:
You can also view our free digital information pack.
If your GP Surgery is taking part, there will be a poster in the reception area and your GP may recommend you to sign-up to the project.
For those outside of the project area, we will be posting updates on this website under “News” to keep people informed.
We’re offering a programme of adult cycle training in Mansfield, Ashfield and Worksop. The aim is to improve confidence of travelling by bicycle in fun supportive sessions. No matter what your age or ability, our fully trained instructors offer cycle support that will help you feel safe and confident on your bike.
You can borrow bikes and helmets for any of the lessons – just let us know in advance along with your height.
Do you have a bike in your shed in need of a bit of love and care? Or simply want to make sure your bicycle is roadworthy? We’ve arranged a programme of Dr Bike events in Mansfield, Ashfield and Worksop where you can get your bike checked over by a trained cycle maintenance professional.