Nottinghamshare Car Sharing
What is car sharing?
Car sharing is when two or more people share a car and travel together. It allows people to benefit from the convenience of the car, whilst also reducing congestion, pollution - and the costs of travel.
Nottinghamshare car sharing scheme is an online service that puts you in touch with other car sharers. We all share cars regularly with our friends and family without thinking about it, but there are often times when a driver has empty seats in the car on the journey to and from work because they don’t know of anyone needing a lift.
That’s where Nottinghamshare comes in. Nottinghamshare can put people travelling in the same direction in contact with each other so they can arrange to travel together.
Who can car share?
Nottinghamshare is available, to everyone, is free to use and secure. If you are a business that would like to promote car sharing to your staff, support is available from Nottinghamshire County Council on tel: 0300 500 80 80
How does it work?
Three easy steps – it couldn’t be simpler:
- Access the website at www.nottinghamshare.com
- Enter your details and register your journey – where you start your journey from and your final destination, along with what time of day and how often you make the journey
- The system will then automatically search for all possible travel companions and list these for you
If the system is unable to find a travelling companion, it will log your journey and contact you as soon as a match is found.
Nottinghamshare gives you total control, so you can choose your route and find the perfect companion with whom to share your journey.
Why should I car share?
Car sharing saves – money
- Reduce your fuel costs by half when travelling with one extra person. The average commuter who shares could save up to £1,000 a year (depending on the number of miles travelled and number of trips per day)
- Cut down on parking costs
- Take turns driving to reduce mileage, wear and tear and depreciation of the vehicle
- Eliminate the need for a second or third car
Car sharing saves – time
- Reduce traffic congestion
- Alleviate parking problems by freeing up parking spaces
- Save time spent waiting for other forms of public transport
Car sharing saves - the environment
- Reduce exhaust emissions and air pollution with fewer cars on the road.
- Help your community! Pollution is the biggest concern for people with asthma in the UK.