FREE bicycle maintenance ‘Dr Bike’ sessions
FREE bicycle maintenance ‘Dr Bike’ sessions available to jobseekers in Mansfield and Ashfield.
Working in partnership with Via East Midlands, ‘Dr Bike’ sessions are delivered by experienced cycle maintenance experts. The free bicycle MOT includes:
- adjusting the bike to fit the cyclist, including brakes and gears
- basic maintenance including puncture repair, replacement of brake blocks and cables, oiling etc.
- advice about parts and tyre replacement
- cycling safety guidance
- cycle routes recommendation
Each bike check will take up to 30 minutes, including sanitisation.
Dr Bike sessions will be delivered at a social distance, and bikes can be left with Dr Bike to be locked up after completion of the service.
Each bike will be sanitised on arrival and wiped down before the service begins.
Dr Bike may advise that the bike requires attention at a bike shop if major parts are required or specialist equipment.
- Mansfield and Ashfield jobseekers: If you wish to sign up or for additional information, please contact Ross Paradise, Travel Choice jobseeker lead (07503 627302 / firstname.lastname@example.org) or your Ashfield JCP work coach.
Not eligible for the free service (i.e not a Mansfield or Ashfield Jobseeker?) Keen to get you bicycle in working order? Why not take a look at our handy cycling tips videos.