Free support for Ashfield jobseekers
Friday, November 20, 2020
Are you in Ashfield and currently looking for employment, training or education? Do you know someone who is? Travel Choice could help.
Working closely with Ashfield Job Centre Plus, the Travel Choice project sets out to offer a wide variety of free information, services and incentives to support Ashfield jobseekers to tackle transport barriers into new employment, training and education.
The FREE support available (subject to availability and eligibility) to Ashfield jobseekers referred through the Travel Choice programme includes:
A wide variety of transport information, guides and maps (available as digital and printed versions):
- Ashfield jobseekers digital travel information pack
- Printed travel information packs can be provided upon request.
- Online journey planner
- FREE personalised travel planning advice: Need help planning your new journey, or not sure what your transport options are to your new employment site/ training venue? One of our friendly Travel Choice advisers can help with your journey planning.
- FREE bus and rail tickets: Working in partnership with local public transport operators; daily or weekly bus and rail tickets are available to bridge the gap from the first pay day or attend interviews/ training.
- FREE adult cycle training: Working in partnership with Via East Midlands; cycling training courses are delivered by experienced instructors. With four different levels of training available there is something for everyone! For more details, please see our cycle training page.
- FREE bicycle maintenance: Working in partnership with Via East Midlands; cycle maintenance experts will give your bicycle a free “Dr Bike” MOT including:
- adjusting the bike to fit the cyclist, including brakes and gears
- basic maintenance including puncture repair, replacement of brake blocks and cables, oiling etc.
- advice about parts and tyre replacement
- cycling safety guidance
- cycle routes recommendation
For more details, please see our bicycle maintenance page.
- FREE wellbeing checks: Working in partnership with ABL Your Health Your Way (YHYW); measurements of height, weight and blood pressure will be taken by a qualified YHW Healthy Lifestyle Advisor, along with a physical activity and alcohol consumption questionnaire. Following the assessment, you will be signposted to local relevant community services. For more details, please see our wellbeing checks page.
- Subsidised bicycle loans: bicycle loans are available to eligible jobseekers in Ashfield who are keen to cycle to their new employment site. Recipients will receive cycle safety gear and cycle training prior to receiving the bicycle. For more details, please see our cycle loan page.
- Subsidised moped loans: Working in partnership with Rural Community Action Nottinghamshire (RCAN); moped loans and Compulsory Basic Training (CBT) are available to eligible jobseekers in Ashfield who don’t have easy access to alternate forms of transport. For more details, please see our moped loan page.
For more information relating to the Travel Choice project or to express your interest in any of the free services available via the project, please contact Ross Paradise, Travel Choice jobseeker lead, on 07503 627302 or email@example.com, or your Ashfield JCP work coach.